Re: L. thayeri and dorsiger

I have to add my 2 cents here on the topic of tubes down.    Helen
mentioned that if one has it's tube down this doesn't happen when there
is only one sex present.    I have to disagree somewhat here.   I'm not
sure as far as Thayeri or Dorsiger are concerned, but I've seen "Pairs"
of 2 females with tubes down laying eggs along with 2 female discus
doing the say.   No males present in either tank.   I think that with
the need to get rid of eggs it won't matter to some species whether a
male is present or not.   I've had single ram female lay eggs with no
male present.   Never had this happen with any Apistos yet, but i say
yet.   Fuel for thought, not trying to be a smart .... here Helen.

John