Re: Unfed fry

I use a nice clump of Java Moss in most of fry tanks.   Like Bob said
there are tons of micro organisms growing and living in the Java Moss.
The fry have no problem feeding off of this.  I also add microworms or
bbs to these tanks as well.   A few snails help keep things clean for
the most part.    The size of the clump of Java Moss is about the size
of grapefruit in a ten gallon tank.   This is a loose clump not a big
wadded ball.  I want the fry to be able to swim through the Java Moss
with out getting tangled up in it.   If the Java Moss looks like it's
getting to much gunk ( hate that term) in it I just rinse it out in the
water in the bucket after doing a water change.   This gets most of the
unwanted stuff out without hurting the micro foods.   Hope this might
help someone.

John