[Fwd: Re: Oak Leaves ?]

The problem I've had with peat is that it takes so much "peat extract"
to get my pH down below 7 I can't even see through the water to the back
side of a 10G!  I haven't tried activated carbon to remove the tannins
(and I'm still a little unconvinced that you can remove the tannins and
leave the tannic acid).  My water is pretty soft 3.5KH and I can't
imagine how dark a tank would be with all of the peat required to lower
the pH of a hard tank.

Michael

--
FUNdaMENTALs  FUNdaMENTALs  FUNdaMENTALs  FUNdaMENTALs  FUNdaMENTALs

a science and creativity toy store		205 Hanover St.
thought inducing fun				Fredericksburg, VA 22401
			http://fun-da-mentals.com