Re: sp 4 strips

My 4 stripes are surprisingly (to me) the only apistos I have got to spawn
in a 10g tank so far. When I got them I was told they were a spawning pair.
They are not very colorful fish but have great fins, and the female turns
just a shade yellower when spawning and her lateral spots becomes very
distinct. The tank is pretty heavily planted and has some wood, but has no
special water treatment other than using my pH 6.0 RO water. They are
pretty shy fish and I do recommend dithers if you want to see them out - I
have a few black phantom tetras in there. Also, I left the fry in the tank,
did no special feeding, and still have a few left in there that are about
3/4 inches long now.

-Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com