Anomalochromis thomasi

I don't want to become a nuisance on the list, but I do have another
question or two about a pair of Anomalochromis thomasi I purchased about
eight weeks ago.
I have been lucky enough to spawn this fish three times since receiving
them, the day after they spawn the eggs disappear. I presume the female is
eating them, because she looks fat as she did the day before spawning. I
really like this fish and would like to have a large tank full of them.
Conditions are as follows:
Fish: Male about 2", Female about 11/2"
Tank: 10-gallon
pH: 6.8
Hardness: 40ppm
Temp: 75 degrees
There are 3 clay pots and some slate on a bare bottom tank with Java moss
and hornwort to provide some cover.
I am tempted to take the eggs next time they spawn, anyone have suggestions
on doing this, I would like to raise the fry with the adults if they would
stop eating the eggs.
I might add the fish seem to keep their breeding color constantly.
Thanks,
Jerry F. Kasey
kaseyjms@worldnet.att.net