Re: Old Posts

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, David A. Youngker wrote:

> Qutie frankly, other than the occasional posts that Erik deems archival, it
> seems that a huge amount of information "goes down the drain". This is
> especially frustrating when your question is answered with nothing more than
> "we've gone over this before - check the archives".

I've actually been automatically archiving posts for the last year, and
will one of these days get an organized database of this together.
(Things have been amazingly busy and more interesting than working on web
archiving lately. :))

Meanwhile, has anyone tried the URL to Frank O'Caroll's site at the bottom
of my apisto page on the Krib?  Frank used to have an archive of the list
on his page.

> And even the ASG's site contains nothing more than references to its
> officers and offers for subscriptions. So retrievable information isn't even
> possible from the group *dedicated* to the fishes' study (which, other than
> the occasional mag, makes one wonder just what benefits are to be gained by
> membership)...

Hey, the mags have gotten more frequent, which is cool.  But the site
hasn't really bloomed yet it seems.  If they ever got the act together,
I've got a very cool URL suggestion that I'm pretty sure nobody has
registered yet: Could you imagine http://apis.to   ? :)

   - Erik

--
Erik Olson