Curviceps and Cockatoos

Newbie to dwarf SA cich. here.

I really like the dwarf SA cichlids but ofcourse as with alot of places in the US my water is hard with a ph around 7.5 to 8 I think.  So, I have been reading and searching for some that could live and possibly breed in my water.  I am just to busy to mess with ph and RO units.  Besides the added expense.  Maybe when I retire :)

I was thinking about trying L. curviceps and apisto cockatoos.  I am pretty sure the curviceps will be fine but will they breed?  Will the cockatoos live and breed?  Could I drop ph temporarily to get them to breed?

Also what temps do you recommend?

Dont tell me to read old posts and the krib, i have read all i can find and I have looked, I just want a response from someone (a real person) who has raised dwarf SA in higher pH and hardness.  If I dont get a response I guess I'll assume to not bother and go back to african rift lake that like my water :)

Also looking for any other suggestions besides curvicep and cockatoo.

Thanks