Dwarfg breeding aggression

Ok, one more newbie question for tonight.  Say I get Dwarf SA chichlids to breed.  Will the couple terrorize a 55 gallon tank so that I could only keep one species or could I have a couple different dwarf species breeding in the same 55 gallon with lots of hiding places.  Like cacatoos or and curviceps for example. :)

Just wondering because I had a couple kribs (pelv. pulcher) that started breeding within a few minutes of putting them in my 55 gallon tank and within a couple days I saw one rip the gill off a Ram!  I don't mind having a species tank with dithers if I have too.

So, in a a nut shell, will a lot of these dwarves kill other while in breeding mode even in a 55 gallon tank?