Re: Apistos in a community tank

Max,

Nothing to "slab" you on this translation. "Bachlingen", I think, means small
rivulins (killifish).

Uwe has always been a proponent of keeping his apistos in conditions as close to
natural as possible. He believes (and is very probably correct) that apistos
behave more like they do in the wild in this kind of set-up. Most of his tanks
where he keeps such communities are in the 2m (7') [500 l or 130 gal] range (nice
if you can afford them). I see absolutely nothing wrong with this method, but
most people want more than 1 or 2 fry from a spawn. If you want a community tank,
and do not expect any breeding success, this will be a great one to try.

Mike Wise