Apistos in community tank

Mike,David,everybody
Thanks  for your reply.I wanted to hear the expert opinion on this and get
away from the discussion of the 10m Ram with ick. We have Stichlinge in
Germany that get that big but only near the wastewater exit of nuclear power
plants :-).
I never heard the name "Bachlinge" for Killifish before, thanks Mike.
I keep and breed my fish both ways and must admit that I do like the larger
community tank setup better than a bunch of 10-15g tanks,but that's only
personal preference.I have a 75g setup like Uwe's but without the dwarf
pikes.
I get a fair number of surviving fry in the community setup,but only from
the more aggressive species e.g. A.nijsseni or the macmasteri complex ,20-40
depending on the parents brood care and defensive abilities.
I watched mom and pop nijsseni the other day side by side, fiercely
defending their fry against a intruding Cory cat.You could tell that they
were teaming up on that catfish.
Just like Uwe described it.
I try to breed my more delicate species in a smaller tank setup.
Mike,did Uwe do his research on natural behavior in the wild or in his large
tanks at home ,or both?
Have a great weekend
Max Gallade'