Re: D.maculatus

I don't recall the age, but I do remember that it took a while.  Both Julio and I
have been having a very hight female ratio. I once thought I had 9 females to
every male.  However, it seems that some males are subdominant.  When I remove
the obvious male, another fish might take his place as the obvious male in the
tank.

But if the fry are only 3 months old, I wouldn't panic...yet.  I can see it
taking 5 months or so before any males emerge.  I'm pretty sure that they were
well over an inch before showing.  (Next time, I'll have to document growth with
photos.)

--Randy