Re: Curviceps laid eggs!

Anyways, I think the eggs are somewhere between
> 20 to 6 hours old.  Just wondering if anyone has breed them and how
> long it takes for Curvicep eggs to hatch and if it varies much?
>
> Curviceps take care of the fry right?
>
> Oh, also one of the Curviceps has a light red strip parallel to the
> black line running from head to tail.  Is this a pretty common color
> variation?  This happens to be the potential father.  None of the
> others has it and I noticed it when I first got them before they
> started to color up.

Eggs should hatch at about 80 hours at 74 degrees.  Don't be surprised
if they eat the first spawn, or even the second and third.  The colored
stripe is a zig-zag of purple-red?  Males can have them; later the sides
acquire a blue iridescent sheen that is more distinctive.

Excellent parents once they get the wrigglers free swimming, but expect
to lose early spawns, expecially with other fish around.

D Satchell