Re: class room tank

Dear List:

I am setting up a ten gal. tank in my son's first grade classroom.   Needless to say, whatever fish I supply will need to be hardy and adaptable.  No fish that need new infusions of r/o water twice a week!

   So here is my question:  Any dwarf cichlids that are acceptable candidates so the kids can see them breed, care for young and all?  In other words what is the easiest dwarf cichlid and even then, would this work?  The teacher is not about to hatch BBS for the fry.  Can any fry make it on powered flake?  Are there species where both parents are likely to be able to remain in the tank?

   Good old fashined Kribs come to mind.  Maybe curviceps.

  What do you think?

  PS:  On the "strange creature" thread.  I had this once and cranked up the temperature a few degrees.  The wormy things soon disappeared.

 Matt Diller