Re: Aquriums

     Having sold both I have seen the + & - of both.

     Glass:
     Less expensive (at least until you get into the 200 gallon range)
     Much more scratch resistant
     Require less structural support on top (less bow on the sides) = large
     top openings
     Crack or break more easily
     Not as "transparent" to special lighting

     Acrylic
     Much more expensive, especially at small sizes (<55 gallon)
     Scratch easily (impossible to remove inside scratches without tearing
     down)
     More flex in sides - requires solid top for structural support = small
     top openings
     Less likely to crack or break
     More transparent to special lighting

     Personally, my favorite tanks are glass with stainless steel frames and
     slate bottom so don't ask me which I prefer.

     Mike Wise