RE: Aquriums

Mike Wise wrote:

>Personally, my favorite tanks are glass with stainless
>steel frames and slate bottom so don't ask me which I
>prefer.

I didn't know anyone still made slate bottomed tanks. I used to have one I
inherited from a great uncle which was about 20" x 10" x 10" with an angle
(cast) iron frame, blown glass and lead putty. It was gorgeous, with an
accompanying stand and leaded glass pyramid hood. The most interesting thing
about it however was it had a small paraffin heater under the slate, a sort
of guess the wick length thermostat. I wish I still had it, another thing to
blame on my stepfather, I recollect he sold it for £5 in about 1975.