Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #115

Hello,

First I would like to thank everyone involved here for making this an open
forum.
Its nice that I can do something with my TAG dues other than just read the
magazine.

I will leave the logistics of this to the more experienced administrators of the
AGA but would like to make the following points;

1) Authentic photos, I think the concern here is blown a little out of
proportion.
Sure photos can be doctored, but it seems unlikely. And with the submission of
several different angel shots, this seems even more unlikely. Stealing photos
from
the internet and claiming them as your own seems more likely, but again with
different angle shots this seems  unlikely. If photos are touched up
electronically, so what? It depends on what the criteria is for the judging. If
composition, contrast, layout, and uniqueness are being judged, this is not
altered
by a color enhancement. This is done in a photo lab when the pictures are
devoloped, or by using filters on your camera. Set ups can be enhanced using
potted
plants with the pots carefully hidden, ready made sods of micro sword, and the
like, but this is all part of aquascaping as far as I am concerned.

2) copywrite: I have no problem allowing TAG or AGA to do whatever they wish
with
my photos as long as I am not giving up my right to do whatever I wish with my
own
photos

3) use of slides, I hope that this will be acceptable. As it has already been
said,
how easy it is for someone to join will make the biggest difference on how many
entries there are.

4) Personally I am looking forward more on seeing the europian entries. I hope
this
contest will attract some experienced dutch aquascapers as well as people from
around the world. As Roger and I originally discussed, there are very few dutch
photos on the internet. Would a prize be a better enticement? Perhaps...

5) I volunteer to work on PR..getting the word out. You might be surprised how
much
I get around the internet! Even four months may not be long enough to really
spread
the word in a big way...six months may be more appropiate.

6) and lastly...I dont know if this has already been discussed or not...but are
multiple entries going to be allowed? I have more than one tank I would like to
enter!!

Regards,

Robert "h" Hudson
San Jose, CA