Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #115

James wrote:
<However - I have some MAJOR concerns with multiple people handling original
submissions - the first is the potential for confusion that this could
present to potential entrants. Who are they gonna send their
prints/slides/etc. to??? I like the idea of there being ONE address where
ALL submissions are initially directed. It would really cut out the
possibility of confusing the public.>

It would seem to me that it would be much easier (for the adminstration of the contest) if you simply required that all submissions be in digital format (bmp, tif, etc...).  That will be one less thing to worry about.  At the same time, perhaps we could post a list of the volunteers that are willing to scan certain formats.  This will ensure that people can digitize their entries before they are submitted.  I just have this feeling that "one address" will be swamped with photos if that's the way we decide to go.

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic?