Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #115

At 09:38 AM 7/10/99 -0700, Robert H. wrote:

>1) I think I can convince three high traffic aquaria sites, maybe four, to
>put up
>announcements:

I'd be very surprised if Claus wouldn't put an announcement up on the
Tropica site for us.  I might be able to get Dupla and ADA to post an
announcement too.  All three companies have had good, positive contact with
AGA, and all publish in other laguages, making it possible to spead the
word in non-English speaking areas.

>3) AOL. Compuserve, Prodigy....their message boards dont allow
>announcements, but their moderators may help

I can get it up on Compuserve without any problem.

>6) press exposure...I used to be email buddies with Ed Bauman while he was
>editor of AFM, but I dont know the new editor. I would guess that Karen
Randall has
>the most pull with fancy publications of anybody in this group. Could they be
>convinced to publish announcements of the contest in AFM and Aquarium
Frontiers? Or
>perhaps in a column? :)

Well, I can write anything I want in my columns.<g>  I'm also pretty sure
we can get an announcement in AFM's society page without any difficulty.  I
haven't yet discussed it with Kathleen, but I suspect I can also get a
press release type article announcing the winners, and including photos
(assuming they are publication quality) published.

BTW, Ed is still very much involved with Fancy Pubs, and still works with
Kathleen in a limited capacity.

Karen