Re: Adjenda Setting

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Julius Odian wrote:

> Ok, I will agree with your reasoning there. The only reason I
> mentioned 640*480 was because some of the 1st gen digital cameras
> didn't go beyond that. I think though that we should use some caution
> on the specifications in general for this contest because I don't
> want this contest to be about money. I know to some degree this is
> unavoidable, but seriously if we have to include low tech people, we
> have to include low budget tanks. (I am sure we were already thinking
> along these lines though) :-)

Right!  We want the full range of folks to enter.  I think that's the
whole reason for many of us being eager to help with scanning and other
potentially "costly" tasks; level the playfield a bit.  My worry is more
that some contestants might get too caught up in their k00L digital toy
when they could get better results with that old SLR gathering dust in the
closet.  (Disclaimer: I am guilty of this at the moment.)