L. (?) Categories for competition

James wrote:
<<<One minor point, which I may have missed in all of the talking, is
whether
it might be desirable, or even possible, to limit participation to AMATEUR
aquarists or if we should leave this alone, allowing for professionals to
enter as well. >>>

My feelings are that the only categories we should have are for the type of
tank.  I don't think we should try to categorize based on the aquascaper
(age, profession, or anything else) for the reason that has been brought up.
We have no way of confirming the identity of the aquascaper.
If Takashi Amano does up a tank and lets his 2nd cousin in Boston submit it
as his, how would we know?  I started thinking about this when the showcase
idea was brought up and the more I think about it, I agree.  The competition
will appeal to some, but I think the sheer variety of entries will be what
makes this contest a success.

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California