I received input from 9 people (including myself) on their choices for a
name for the contest.

I am pleased to announce that the number one choice is:

#1. - AGA International Aquascaping Showcase & Competition

This was the #1 choice of 3 people, the #2 choice of 2 people.
The number two choice was:

#2. - AGA International Aquascaping Competition & Showcase

This was the #1 choice of 1 person, the #2 choice of 3 people.
The number three choice was a tie among the following:

#3. - AGA International Aquascaping Competition
#3. - AGA International Aquascaping Showcase
#3. - AGA International Aquascaping Festival 2000

>From the selection voted most popular, we can see that the dual nature of
what we are planning is pretty widely accepted. Also the idea that the
Showcase aspect of this venture is more important than its being strictly a
competative Contest is widely held.

Thank you to everyone who bothered to express their opinion by voting.
Participation is the basis for democracy.

Before I leave you, I'd just like to say something about my having seemingly
ignored a suggestion about the inclusion of the word "Annual" in any
proposed names. I'm not trying to slight anybody by having done that - it is
just my feeling that to have used that word would be a bit presumptuous on
our part, at this point in time. "Annual" implies something that occurs
every year. This is the FIRST time we have tried to organize an event of
this type/scope (the AGA has hosted contests in the past, but they were
internal if I'm not mistaken). I have said it before, and it bears
repeating - if we organize this correctly and well, there is no reason at
all why it can't become an annual event in the future. THEN we might think
about including that word in the name. But not before...