Re: People's Choice and Judges' comments

I think that Erik has said he will be able to set up something on the
Website where the public can register their choices for a "People's Choice"
award. My only concern is that whatever software used to do so also have
some way of preventing people from voting multiple times. With dynamic
allocation of TCP/IP addresses so commonly done by most ISP's for their
dial-in customers, this might present a bit of a challenge. A section where
folks could register their comments might also be nice.

The issue of passing the Judges' comments on to the participants is
definately something we should consider. For electronic submissions over the
net, we will of course have an e-mail address where we can direct such
comments at the close of the competition and for mail in submissions we
should reply via the post. This could entain a fair bit of work, and will
incur printing and mailing costs, but should be a matter of setting up a
standard letter and a mailing list and then cutting and pasting the judges'
comments into the appropriate areas of the letters and merging them with the
mailing list (making sure however that each person receives the correct
comments). Since we are stressing the showcasing of aquascapes and there is
a strong educational value in doing this, I think that it will be well worth
the effort.