Re: Judging

At 09:27 AM 7/15/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Suppose I wanted to do a Native USA Aquascape, complete with
>discarded aluminum cans and other trash on the bottom? (Yes, I am
>seriously thinking of entering something like this.)

We had a neat tank set up for the "Ponds" exhibit at NEA showing non-native
introductions.  We included introduced plants and fish.  Then one of the
NEA employees found a shot-up liscense plate with Vals growing up through
it.  We put it in the tank thinking it was perfect!  Unfortunately, the
director didn't like it, and made us take it out.  There's simply no
accounting for taste! ;-)

Karen

>Again, I don't want to discourage a beginner from entering the showcase,
>and I suspect the "bubbling treasure chest" tanks that you're worried
>about will fall out of the running on their own by the judges.

I wasn't voting one way or the other when I brought it up... I tend to
agree with you.  I'm just saying it needs to be addressed.

Karen