Re: Categories

At 12:24 PM 7/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Karen wrote, in response to a suggestion that a series of detail shots might
>be submitted:
>
>>Again, acknowledging that people _could_ cheat if they wanted to, I think
>>that only "whole" tanks should be entered.
>
>While I might agree that we could stipulate that an overall shot of the
>aquascape is required, I would be hesitant to limit someone's creativity by
>ruling out the inclusion of detail shots showing "features" the entrant
>thinks are worthy. Inclusion, remember?

We are interpreting this different ways.  I am not suggesting that people
should be prohibitted from submitting photos that show only one section of
a tank at a time. (for instance, I made mention of Neils' nice 6' tank that
you can't get far enough away from to photograph the entire tank without a
fisheye lens)  I'm saying that people should not be allowed to decide that
_just_ one end of their 6' tank will be one entry, while the other end will
be a separate entry.  Up to whatever maximum # of photos per tank that Erik
feels he can handle comfortably, I think people should be able to compose
those shots to show their tank to the best advantage.

On the low end, if someone has a tank built into a wall, and has only a
fixed focal length camera, it is concievable that they could best represent
their tank with a single shot.  In that case, that should be acceptable
too... we don't really need to put 3 nearly identical photos up on the web
just because people _must_ submit 3 photos of the tank.

Karen