Re: Before We Move On...

One way we
> could get around that is to ask people to state on the entry form whether
> they are professionals or not.  Say that if the number of professional
> participants warrants, we will split them off into a separate division.
> This is what we do at horses shows.  We ask people to stat whether they
are
> amateurs, pros or juniors, but only divide them if entries are sufficient
> in number.  (we usually require 6 entries of a particular group to be
> willing to split them off)

OK, I'm going to change my vote to this.  I like the idea of a seperate
group for professionals if the number warrants.  Makes things more fair if
large numbers of pros enter, without excluding anybody.

> >Do we limit folks to submitting only aquariums which they themselves own?

Since this is a competition dealing with aquascaping, I believe the person
or persons responsible for the conception and maintenance of the layout
should get the credit.  In the case where the layout is partly specified by
one person and maintained by another, both should be listed.

Justin Collins