Re: Selection of Judges

Karen brings up some good points about artists not knowing enough about
aquariums to perhaps judge accurately.  I've never been involved in any sort
of judged contest before, is there a reason why the judges can't confer
while they are judging?  The obvious one is that you don't want a judges
decision to be influenced, but is that really a problem with art?  I mean,
in my mind, you either like it a lot, a little, or not at all.  I'm just
wondering if maybe we could have an impartial "expert" that the "art" judges
could confer with during judging?

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California