Re: aquascaping

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, James Purchase wrote:

> Excellent definition Roger, and some good points. Are we right in limiting
> our scope in the manner you describe?:

Feels good to me.

> >In our case we have limited the field to scenes that include live plants.
>
> Where does that leave Erik's citing of biotope aquariums for Rift Lake
> Cichlids? They are certainly aquascaped, usually by the aquarist, sometimes
> with a little help from the fish themselves <g>.

As long as there's a live plant (or algae, I suppose) there, then it could
be entered.  If the judging guidelines include (as Karen has insisted) an
emphasis on gardening, then while the tank may be displayed in the
showcase it will have no chance of winning in the competition.

Re: plastic plants.

I think this falls into the same category as faked photos.  We can say
that plastic plants aren't allowed but we have to take it on the
contestants honor that his plants aren't plastic.  Personally I'm not even
sure we should mention the possibility.

Roger