Re: Latest Developments

Olga,

I sympathathize with your comments concerning the bulk of messages generated
by this discussion and about having other things in your life to do. We
_all_ have the same concerns. I also agree that this would be much simpler
if we were all sitiing around the same table...

But we're not, and I think that you realize _why_ I write such long and
detailed messages. I am trying to make very clear the many possibilities and
choices we have before us. But it seems that everyone, you included, came
here with your _own_ preconceptions, and when other suggestions don't match
yours, there doesn't seem much fruitful or productive discussion. We have
already seen two potentially very valuable people (Dave Gomberg and Roger
Miller) leave the discussion because they couldn't have things _their_ way.

This was _my_ idea, but I have always been willing to adjust and modify it
based upon the input I receive from the members of the group. But doing so
is very difficult when people place themselves in different camps and refuse
to consider alternatives.

The issue before the group right now, and I am personally putting it to you
as I greatly value both your presence here and your input, is as outlined in
my first message of this morning. Please take the time to read the message,
think about what is says, and give the group your input on _that_ subject.

And B.T.W., Karen's current absence makes absolutely _no_ difference. Karen
is not prepared, nor do I want her to, wade into this and tell us _how_ this
is going to be done. This is _our_ discussion and decision. Karen is not our
"Mother". Once we find some common ground and prepare a proposal (I might
add IF at this point in time), we submit it to the AGA MC. That is where
Karen gets her say. Not here. She is here to lend support and provide
guidance, not issue orders.