Re: Ahemmmm!

At 12:35 PM 7/19/99 -0500, James wrote:

>1. The event is open to the submission of entries of all freshwater
>aquascapes.
>2. All submitted entries will be Showcased on the Web.
>3. Only aquatic gardens (Olga's "planted aquascape contest") are eligible to
>be Judged in the Contest portion of the event.
>
>To me, this is an elegant, simple statement of the nature of the event and
>one which encompases the views of the majority of people here, given a
>willingness on everyone's part to compromise their "positions" without
>damaging or being unfaithful to their "principles".

You're on that slippery slope again.  By adding #3, you make it necessary
to define "aquatic gardens" and open yourself to the possibility of fraud.
(Is Olga's background part of the aquascape, or not?)

>Is THIS agreeable to everyone?

No, again, speaking personally, not for AGA, I don think we should restrict
ANY entry from competition.  Let it stand on its own merit.  I think it is
_fine_ if you want to allow the ENTRANT to check a box and enter just the
showcase without being judged.

Karen