Random Thoughts on Color Printing...

Karen wrote:
<<<Unless we receive very few entries, we will _not_ be able to publish the
whole contest in TAG.  For that matter, if the winning tank is not
represented by a good quality photo, it may not make sense to even print
that.  I don't think there would be any problem publishing the list of
winners, but we won't be able to run all the photos.  Color printing is
_very_ expensive. >>>

I'm not sure just how expensive you mean, but what if we got a glossy
magazine to co-sponsor the contest?  Is it probable that they would be
willing to shoulder the costs of printing a glossy magazine just for us?
What a perfect forum to sell aquatic plant advertisements!  Since apparently
there isn't enough demand for a regular aquatic plant magazine, an annual
"bonus" issue (that includes our contest results as well as articles and ads
specific to the aquatic plant hobby) could be a huge success.  Is this a
good idea? Or has this been tried before and shot down?  I'm sure Karen has
the contacts to find out if this is feasible or not....

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California
Non AGA Member
Dreaming again...