RE: Where are we now?

My head is beginning to hurt!

Like I have expressed before, I am more of a mechanic than an artist. When
Olga was going to art museums and playing musical instruments, I was more
concerned with who Marshal Dillion was going to have to deal with next
Saturday night. I was also obsessed with Libby who lived down the street,
but that is another story altogether.

Anyway, I have always appreciated nice aquascaping as works of art, but not
in the traditional sense most would think. I believe pretentiousness has
been brought up in that regard, so I won't beat a dead horse here. Although
some on this list are obviously more oriented toward art than others, I have
not been convinced that this showcase/contest should be considered an art
show, nor do I think it should be a jam competition either. So, maybe this
inaugural run should be a little of both.

With that in mind and following James' suggested structure, I submit the
following with the importance I think should be placed on each of the
categories:

1. Use of Materials (innovativeness, appropriateness, etc.) 20%
2. Overall Composition (balance, use of space, use of color, etc.) 30%
3. Viability 20% (I sort of wonder if someone would actually submit an entry
with a dying sword plant)
4. Overall Impression 30% (If I had to change something on this list, I
would give this 40% and Viability 10% weights)

Ken Guin
Arlington, VA