Re:Ken's comments

Ken says:

My head is beginning to hurt!

Olga says:

Not nearly as much as mine! <g>

Ken says:

Like I have expressed before, I am more of a mechanic than an artist. When
Olga was going to art museums and playing musical instruments, I was more
concerned with who Marshal Dillion was going to have to deal with next
Saturday night. I was also obsessed with Libby who lived down the street,
but that is another story altogether.

Olga says:
Hey...I never played musical instruments... not a musical bone in my body..
I play the radio pretty good though. Libby sounds interesting..... ;>

Ken says:
Anyway, I have always appreciated nice aquascaping as works of art, but not
in the traditional sense most would think. I believe pretentiousness has
been brought up in that regard, so I won't beat a dead horse here. Although
some on this list are obviously more oriented toward art than others, I have
not been convinced that this showcase/contest should be considered an art
show, nor do I think it should be a jam competition either. So, maybe this
inaugural run should be a little of both.

Olga says:
Very well put.

Ken suggests:
1. Use of Materials (innovativeness, appropriateness, etc.) 20%
2. Overall Composition (balance, use of space, use of color, etc.) 30%
3. Viability 20% (I sort of wonder if someone would actually submit an entry
with a dying sword plant)
4. Overall Impression 30% (If I had to change something on this list, I
would give this 40% and Viability 10% weights)

Olga says:
I like Ken's list. Leaving the points to be decided later... I like it..
short, sweet.. to the point, understandable, everything in there. Good job
Ken and thanks so much for venturing forth with ideas.

Hey if everyone else out there isn't commenting because they feel they have
to put me down and trample on me... go ahead and trample... I can take
it... Express yourself! The meek inherit the dirt... or is that the
substrate? <g>

Olga
in Vancouver out on a limb all alone hanging over a canyon with a buzzard
circling.