RE: Oh my God!.......

Since we starting working on this project, I have been a little more aware
of the tanks I have seen on the Net. I guess you could say that with the
knowledge I have picked up about "judging" from all of you, I have become a
little more critical of what a nicely aquascaped tank should look like.  I
have to tell you, that I have not been impressed (Olga's photo excluded, of
course). In fact, I have even been appalled.

I know Karen R. gets around a lot more than I do and probably a lot more
than any of us, and I believe she has a better perspective of what's out
there now. However, from my little portal on the world of aquascaping (the
Net), the tanks I have seen have made me wonder. Within the last month, I
have found about four "tanks-of-the-month" sites on the Net, which have made
me think that my humble tanks would probably be the tank-of-the-year on any
of those sites. I haven't seen any glow-in-the-dark toys yet, but I am sure
it is just a matter of time.

Our little hassles over art vs. mechanics reminds me of the old saying
"measuring with micrometers then cutting with chain saws".  Although we
probably do need to be as specific as we can during this stage of
development, I cannot help but believe that we are all going to be surprised
by some of the "junk" that will be entered in this event. Maybe we should
even consider a "tacky-but-cute" category.

Let's keep plugging along,

Ken Guin
Arlington, VA