some final remarks

Version C -

>>1. Selection and Use of Materials
>>2. Composition / Balance / Use of Space / Use of Color
>>3. Viability
>>4. Overall Impression

I saw this on the Web... and I agree that I like version C. So that's my
vote and I guess my last one.

James says:

>Actually Olga, considering the epithets which have been hurled around here
>lately, I find this to be in extremely poor taste. I, and at least one other
>person who is no longer with us has been as much as accused of being
>pretentious prigs for our attempts to bring some sort of class to this
>event -  one was so insensed that he left. You have constantly insisted that
>this be for the "common man", and anything even remotely intellectual was
>apparently worthy of public ridicule..
_____________________

Once again I am accused of being anti-intellectual. I no longer care. Think
whatever you want James. I am constantly attacked for having an opinion or
giving an idea. An attempt at humour [and god knows I needed a little
humour to stay sane] provokes another attack because Mr. Purchase takes it
sooooo seriously and as some kind of personal affront.

>Yet here you are, suggesting that we actually make FUN of people's efforts?

Oh for Goddess sake...of course I wasn't. Lighten up!!

>I also find it personally distasteful that you should bring an indivdual who
>is NOT a party to these discussions into this in a derogatory manner.... and
>you KNOW who I'm talking about...

I have absolutely NO idea what/who you are talking about, James. I'm
beginning to think you are mad [as in crazy]. You read something into
everything.

This camel is sagging to her knees... one straw too many. I join my friend,
Steve Manby, in leaving this list. No hard feelings guys. If you want some
private input feel free to chat but I can't bang my head on this wall any
longer. I apologize to any and all who have been offended in any way but I
can no longer go on contributing when my remarks, comments, bits of fun are
constantly taken the wrong way. I got other things to do.

toodles.. good luck and I wish the showcase/contest all the best
Olga
in Vancouver