Weighting

>So far, most folks seem to favour the following for use as the main Judging
>Criteria points:
>

>1.   - Selection and Use of Materials
>2.   - Composition / Balance / Use of Space / Use of Color
>3.   - Viability
>4.   - Overall Impression
>

>Now, do we need/wish/want to break these down further, elaborate on them, or
>do we leave that to the discretion of the Judges?
>

>I guess that we can probably consider the "weighting" issue now. I know that
>several of you have given your input on "weighting" already, but in most
>cases that was with a slightly different list of Criteria. If this list is
>suitable to everyone, lets hear how you would like to see these criteria
>weighted against one another.

I would change the order and weight as follows:

1.   - Overall Impression 40%

This is the big one... what we're all looking for

2.   - Composition / Balance / Use of Space / Use of Color 30%

This will feed into the above.  Unless the tank is truely awful, it is
unlikely to be eye catching if it doesn't also do well in this category

3.   - Selection and Use of Materials 15%

This can, to some extent, allow judges to give "extra credit" for people
working with particularly difficult species, or those who have really
searched for just the right rock work or stones to set off their plants.

4.   - Viability 15%

Can be used to judge suitability of fish and plants chosen, (whether
through the photos or tank description) Apparent health of the system, as
far as can be determined, and obviously any inherent design flaws that
could lead to problems such as overcrowding or the use of terrestrial plants.