Re: AGA CONTEST - weighting

On Sat.,31 July 1999 at 10:19 Dave Engle wrote:

>Here's how *I* would weight them:

>20% 1.   - Selection and Use of Materials
>25% 2.   - Composition / Balance / Use of Space / Use of Color
>15% 3.   - Viability
>40% 4.   - Overall Impression

>So the judges card would read *something* like:

>Award one to twenty points for selection and use of materials.
>Award one to twenty-five points for composition, balance, use of space and
use of color.
>Award one to fifteen points for viability of the aquascape.
>Award one to forty points for overall impression of the aquascape.

>Total points out of one hundred:

I would like to see 2. above worded as follows:

20% 2.   - Composition / Balance / Use of Space / Use of Color

and

Award one to five points each for composition, balance, use of space and use
of color.

and

20% 3.   - Viability
40% 4.   - Overall Impression

I agree that overall impression _should_ weigh more than any other category.

Ron Dubbs
Brighton, TN
AGA since 91