Re: Subject lines and "Threads"

David A. Youngker wrote:

"PS -
For the sake of anyone invited to join the list at a later date, it would
help when picking through the archives to *not* have the subject line of
every thread change with each response. The current state of the archive is
very convoluted and disjointed because of this practice..."

James replies:

Amen to that! On July 15, in message 00132, I asked the following:

"To make things easier for people to follow, please confine your comments in
a particular posting to ONE of those topics, and please use the appropriate
SUBJECT line in your post. If you wish to address both issues, please make a
second post for the other topic. That is the only way you can follow a
thread."

Now, I'm probably as guilty as the next in ignoring this simple plea. The
archives are currently almost impossible to follow or review for the full
history of threads because of this. Several times I have asked, when
canvassing for opinions, for folks to post something which they may have
commented on several days or weeks ago. I've had to do that because it is
becoming increasingly difficult to wade through all of the material in the
archives and I'm already spending an inordinate amount of time on this
project - I simply cannot go through ALL that has been said at this point in
time looking for "little gems".

So let's all try to confine posts to one subject and make reference to the
subject of the post in the subject line. If you wish to address multiple
subjects, please post multiple messages.

Thanks for the reminder David,