Entry Guidelines (revised....)

Here is a revision (refinement?) of the Entry Guidelines. As in my earlier
post, comments in square brackets [] are meant as asides to the group and do
not form part of the guidelines. These Guidelines would apply to both the
showcase AND the contest. Not quite a full dozen, but surely more than
sufficient....

Entry Guidelines

1. An entry is to consist of a single aquascape. Should an aquarist wish to
enter multiple aquascapes, they must do so as multiple entries. There is no
limit placed on the number of entries an aquarist may make.

2. A completed Entry Form, listing the entrant's name, mailing address and
(if available) e-mail address must accompany each entry.

[Erik - I assume that one can be designed and placed on the web-site for
people to print out. Are we are also going to have to have a supply of forms
to mail out to people who do not have internet access and who wish to send
their stuff in thru the mail?]

3. Entrants have the choice of submitting their entries to the Showcase
portion of the event only. If you wish to keep your entry out of the
Contest, please check off the appropriate box on the entry form.

4. A series of photographs of the aquascape. We suggest that submissions
consist of more than one, and less than five separate images. The images
should be as clear and detailed as possible. Please refer to the "Resources"
section of the Contest web-site for refrences to further information on how
best to photograph an aquarium. As the focus of the event is on Aquascaping,
please try to include overall shots as well as close-ups of details you
think are especially attractive. Close-up photographs of the fish in the
tank are not required.

[Currently, there are only 2 resources listed on the web-site - how Amano
does it and the entry from the KRIB. If anyone knows of other resource pages
for photographing aquariums, please send them to me.]

If you wish to submit electronic copies of your images, please refer to the
"Submission Tips" section of the Contest web-site for guidelines.

[How do we handle the folks who do not have computer access - do we make up
"packages" consisting of a blank Entry Form, a copy the submission tips, and
the information below, which can be mailed out to people who request further
information?]

5. It is suggested that you also provide the following information
concerning the Aquascape. This will enable us to better place your entry
into the correct category for display and judging, and will also be of
interest to other people who view your aquascape.

i.    Size of tank (in inches or centimeters, please specify which).
ii.   Volume of tank (in U.S. or Imperial Gallons or Liters, please specify
which).
iii.  List of plant species, if known.
iv.   List of fish species, if known.
v.    List and brief description of decorative materials used to construct
the aquascape.
vi.   Type of tank background used (if any).
vii.  Type of filtration employed.
viii. Type and amount of lighting employed.
ix.   Any other information you might wish to provide to the judges
concerning your aquascape.

[Notice I am _trying_ to be nice here - I say suggest, rather than require.
For educational purposes, the more information they give us and we place on
the web with the images the better, but I'm not _requiring_ that they give
us anything other than their name, address and the actual images.]

6. Entries may be submitted through the mail to Erik Olson:

      AGA International Aquascaping Showcase & Contest
      C/O Mr. Erik Olson
      123 Any Street
      Seattle, WA, 456789
      U.S.A.

   Entries which are already in electronic format may also be submitted as
e-mail attachments:

      mailto:erik@thekrib.com

If submitting entries in this manner, please use the following "Subject
Line" on your email:

     "AGA Contest Entry - Your Name, Your City, Your Country"

replacing "Your Name, Your City and Your Country" with the appropriate
information. Please note that the body of your e-mail should contain this
information as well.

[or alternatively, to whatever e-mail address Erik wishes to use for this
purpose. The entry into the subject line is just to allow someone to sort
through a group of e-mails to find a particular entry quickly.]

7. For further information or clarification of any point, please refer to
the contest web-site at:

http://theURL.com

[Where we will have the actual info available as well as a "sample entry" to
use as a guidline, and my e-mail address for specific questions not yet
thought of here.]

8. Entries are not returnable. Please ensure that you submit only high
quality copies or duplicates of your originals as we shall be unable to
return your images.

9. Copyright - The copyright for all original images submitted to the
Showcase and/or the Contest remains with the creator of the image.

Submission of an image to the event gives the Aquatic Gardeners Association
and/or the event organizers the right to publish the image in any of the
following places:

i.   on the event web-site,
ii.  on CD-ROM or other media,
iii. in The Aquatic Gardener, the Journal of the AGA,
iv.  in artiles prepared for other hobbyist magazines for the purposes of
publicizing the event or aquascaping in general.

In all cases of publication, the following Copyright Notice shall be given:

"Image Copyright 1999 [2000] Your Name, Your City, Your Country.",

where the approporiate information will be substituted as necessary.

No other payment or consideration shall be made.