Re: Prizes

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, James Purchase wrote:

> Even without "merchandise prizes". The issue of not feeling up to contacting
> manufacturers is moot - I or Karen can easily write letters. What is needed
> is someone in the group to actually receive the stuff, hold onto it for a
> few months, send it out to the appropriate people at the end. It's like a
> combination stock clerk/shipping & receiving clerk, nothing too demanding.

This is what I was nudging at.  Here is a great opportunity for someone
who wants to help out with the project, that doesn't require that much
work, and is not too complicated.  And I've talked to a few people who
don't feel they have things to contribute to the planning but would like
to help out with the execution (bad choice of words...umm, "operation") of
the contest.

> Is there interest in the group for anyone to actually get their hands dirty
> and DO something, should this proceed? There are approximately six or seven
> people here who regularly provide input and feedback. Another one or two
> have made infrequent forays into the limelight with occassional comments. I
> appreciate each and every one of you - but is that ALL of us who are
> interested in this??????

Give it a day or two for the digest to flush and people to read & process.
So far, the proposal is only a couple hours old. :)