Volunteering

To help folks decide about getting or staying involved in this process, it
might be a help if you had some idea of the sort of time frame I am thinking
of for the rest of this process...... this is _only_ preliminary, and may be
way off base, but it is a starting point.....

Initial planning - 2 more weeks - to the end of August
Proposal writing, editing, polishing - 2 weeks -  to the 15th of Sept.
AGA-MC deliberations - variable - but someone mentioned a month a while
ago - that takes us to mid October.
Publicity prep, contacting potential donors - 2 weeks - end of October

Now, most print magazines have a "lead time" of around four months - so if
we send out letters to the magazines in late September, we can't count on
seeing anything in the editorial of the magazine until at LEAST February,
possibly the March 2000 issue.

To give the non-internet accessible public enough time to decide to enter,
get their photos together and in, we would be looking at a deadline for
submissions of no earlier than 30 April, 2000.

Lots of work would have to be done between now and the end of April next
year, but we could avoid any crunch on people's schedules during the
Christmas season and we could plaster the heck out of Internet accessible
sites regarding this during the intervening period to make sure that as many
people as possible know about this.

James P