RE: Prizes

James wrote:

I think that both Erik and I would prefer to see at least _some_ real prizes
awarded - at least for a Grand Prize or a Best of Show award.

Dave writes:

Man, I am sorry for all these messages.  I thought it might be easier to
break up my thoughts.  I'm also really sorry now because I think I sent all
those out with HTML format turned on.  Whoops!

I see what you and Erik mean about prizes, and I agree that it would be cool
to have some nice stuff to send to the winners.  Maybe I am thinking sort of
big here:  I suggested that ribbons would be more practical earlier because
I'd like to see lots of submissions in a number of different categories.
And I agree that it's just not right to send out "junk" to people.  Best of
Show is certainly worth more than a ribbon or certificate.

Dave VanderWall
Minneapolis, MN
who is making "Plain Text" his default message format now