Publicity

Erik wrote:

"I've said this a few times already, but since it's now the appropriate
topic:  I think one of the best areas will be through aquarium societies
and small aquatic plant groups.  Perhaps a mass mailing (e or snail) to
the lists on the FAQ or Fish Link Central?  But something not quite as
annoying as Ted Colletti's Spam for the North Jersey show in October
(i.e., we only send it once!).

We can encourage societies to tie in the contest with something local,
such as their home show.  This way, people can work together like a "club
team" (note, I'm not saying to judge stuff this way at all!) to help the
folks without photo skills get entered."

James replies:

Is this the one that Neil Frank is going to be either speaking at or
judging? I've heard about that show too many times......

I like the idea of working through/with local hobbyist groups and getting
them involved - with the time frame I mentioned earlier I think that we have
sufficient lead time to allow people to set something up specifically to
enter this event. Now we need a body to actually put together a list of
clubs - any takers? (See - I'm back to looking for volunteers again.....)

Jose is looking after Spanish sites - anyone want to tackle groups that
exist in other parts of the world? I'm looking for a list of either clubs or
contacts in other countries which could be useful for publicity purposes.

And remember that not everyone has internet access, nor does all of our
"publicity" have to take place on the Internet.

Here in Canada, on cable TV, there is a syndicated show called (I think)
"Pet Connection". I think that it's either on the Life channel or on
Discovery. Does anyone know if the same thing (or something similar) is
available in the US? That could be another place to get free publicity.