Re: Prizes

> I think that both Erik and I would prefer to see at least _some_ real
prizes
> awarded - at least for a Grand Prize or a Best of Show award. A
Certificate
> could also be made available but it would be a classy touch to be able to
> give away something like an Eheim canister filter or (fingers crossed) one
> of their complete kits (they make beautiful aquariums, stands and hoods as
> well).

I think that prizes could be a really great thing, as long as the emphasis
stayed on this event being for fun.  OTOH, I may simply be obsessing :-).

> I think that it would be a mistake for us to pull back from the idea of
> making this a "big" event, either from a fear of making it seem too
> competative or due to a few folks liking satin.

I'm not sure what you meant by folks liking satin, and I'm not sure I want
to, but I agree with the first part, as long as we realize we may only get
15 entrants.  If we think small, this will stay small.  Unfortunately, the
reverse isn't true.

Justin Collins