Publicity and contacts

James Purchase wrote:
    'While on the subject of contact lists - remember that most clubs have a
Secretary and that person's e-mail or snail mail address is usually listed.
As this is the person we would wish to contact, it would help if this
information is noted while you are doing your lists (in addition to the main
URL).
Similarly, for companies - we would want their Public Relations Department -
it might take a bit of digging through their web-site to find the
information but it is probably there somewhere. If it is noted now, it will
save time later.'
    James, I was very heavily involved with the show  for the Tampa Bay
Aquarium Soc. in 98. I was the Show Chairperson. They TBAS maintain a
running data base on contacts for companies and point of contacts and other
clubs.  The problem we had that year and every year is the person gets moved
on and then the mail was returned unopened by anyone in that department
because it was address to that person.  Also our club list had the same
effect due to yearly elections.  The point being maybe you should try and
contact our list and then the companies when the mail bounces.  Our
publicity personnel followed up with faxes and phone calls very costly I
might add too.  JiM C.