Re: Lists

Jim C. said:
"James, I was very heavily involved with the show  for the Tampa Bay
Aquarium Soc. in 98. I was the Show Chairperson. They TBAS maintain a
running data base on contacts for companies and point of contacts and other
clubs.  The problem we had that year and every year is the person gets moved
on and then the mail was returned unopened by anyone in that department
because it was address to that person.  Also our club list had the same
effect due to yearly elections."

James replies:
Very good point Jim, and one I hadn't thought of - although why I didn't,
I'll never know. About 5 years ago, I was President of the Tennant's
Association in the complex I live in. I STILL get mail addressed to the
Association, even though I'm no longer even a member and notices went out
several years ago.

O.K. - so scratch the gathering of "names" from the list making process. But
I think that they should still be organized by geographical area, both to
avoid duplication and to ensure that we can cover as many areas as possible.

"Here's an area that I can help with too.  If someone else sets up the
program/site for holding the list.   I could also work the southeast from
Florida area north.  Everything is north from here."

As the "lists" will primarily be used just for promotion (they aren't
necessary for the Proposal - although it will contain a comment about the
fact that lists of hobbyist associations are being prepared). I guess that
once you get your lists ready, they could be sent to me (e-mail attachment).
If they are presorted by geographical region, I can easily put them on the
"mock web-site" and then we can see what areas have been covered and what
areas need more work.

Another thing that the preparation of these lists will do is demostrate in a
concrete fashion to the AGA MC that this proposal is backed up by a GROUP of
people and is not just something I dreamed up. As I've said before, the
Proposal has to show that we not only can dream something up, we are also
capable of pulling it off.

Jim, do you know of (or can you find out) if there are any hobbyist groups
in the Caribbean area? Mexico?