Costs/Entry fees

Erik wrote:
<<<The AGA is in great financial shape.  I see no reason to try to make this
into a money-maker.>>>

James wrote:
<<<Given the exposure that the AGA will get out of this, and the increased
interest in planted tanks which we hope to generate, I have a definate
preference to suggest to the AGA MC that they agree to eat the costs
entirely and that we not be required to charge any entrance fee. If an
entrance fee IS required by the MC, it would only be applicable to non-AGA
members and would be a deterrant to entrants (and I don't think it should be
more that $5.00US per entry).>>>

I was really pleased to see Erik's comment.  It confirms what I suspected,
and allows for James' comment to be very practical and reasonable.  The AGA
will be getting exposure that they've only dreamed about!
I truly think that any entrance fee will eliminate any chance of this being
a grand, international success.
I think that the way to make money will be on the CDs.  I know that although
I'd never pay five bucks to enter a contest, I would gladly pay $20 to get a
CD filled with a variety of aquascapes from all over the world.

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego), California