Re: Limits & Costs

Erik wrote:
"OK, let's say for average size 100K images (800x600 approx resolution), we
can fit 6000 images on a CD-R, which means 1000 entrants."

"I would suggest that we cut our limit to 1/3 or half that... say 3-500
entries tops for practical scanning and judging limitations.  I will
probably start utilizing the other volunteers when the entries get over
100."

"Related Question: Should we be capping the number of individual entries?
I can't remember if we've talked about it already, but is there a problem
if one guy enters 10 tanks?  That would certainly creep us up to our limit
more quickly."

James replies:
Last question first - very good point! I hadn't really considered limits
when I put that in - it was something which had been discussed way back - if
we have an entrance fee, perhaps we have a price break on multiple entries
and rig them in such a manner that joining the AGA becomes a definate
advantage.

But I have no problem with limiting the number of entries an individual can
make - what do you suggest, one, two, three? I suspect that most people
would only enter one tank but we might get some people who have several very
nice tanks.

300 - 500 entries tops is also far in excess of anything I would hope for a
first year in this (if we get 100, I will be very pleased). As was mentioned
very early on, we could look at this first year as a time to work out the
wrinkles. If it goes over, we can do it better next year. But that's in the
future.

If you want to set a limit of 300 entries, that's no problem with me. You
get the final say in this. What do others think?

A $10.00 "cost per" figure for the CD-ROMS is also reasonable to me. In that
case the earlier estimate of a $20.00 selling price is reasonable as well.
Does the AGA collect sales tax or have a GST # for sales to Canada?