The brochure

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, James Purchase wrote:
> contemplating sending out expensive glossy brochures to half the world. Erik
> originally suggested a brochure - I asked the group in general about
> possible costs for such a thing.

Just to clarify my own thoughts here: I think it would be a good idea to
create a brochure, but I am not so sure about PRINTING it.  I should have
been more detailed about this aspect when I brought it up.  Our own club
does this sort of thing now; we create the artwork, spit out a PDF onto
our web site, and then interested folks can print it out, xerox, whatever.

I imagined this brochure might even have the entry form on the back
side... kill two birds with one stone.

What I would imagine us doing is sending copies of this along with any
paper letters, i.e. manufacturers, clubs, etc This means that whoever is
sending snail mail to those contacts is also printing/xeroxing those
brochures.  (I am not commenting on whether we should or should not be
snail-mailing clubs here, that's another issue.)

However, for e-mail contact, we would just point people to the PDF on the
website, and they could print out if they wished.  Likewise, local clubs
could make their own copies if they want to as well.

I'm not so thrilled about doing a slick printing of lots of copies and
having to distribute these worldwide; though I have no data, I'm guessing
it's pretty pricey, and mailing is a chore.  (Anyone in the know, feel
free to step in here & give quotes.).  Perhaps I've taken far too many
loads of slick fish hardware pamphlets to the recyclers after our annual
auction.