My (very to the point) votes...

I'd rather not see an entry fee, but..

I agree with Ken, I'd rather see an entry fee than a limit on number of
*people* that can participate (I think that an entry fee will be quite
effective at limiting the number of entries we get)

I have no problem with limiting the number of entries per person.(I see
Eriks point)

I don't think "participation" certificates are at all necessary.

Some sort of physical award (be it a ribbon, certificate, or AGA membership
card...) for the people that "place" would be nice, that's for sure.

I'm with Erik on the "real prizes" concept.  I don't have personal
experience with this sort of thing, but I can *not* imagine companies
turning down a request for a prize donation + shipping in exchange for
publicity. I routinely get free samples of electronics components from
*small* companies.  It's an effective form of gaining business.  The problem
is in estimating the number of prizes we will need, and impressing the
companies with enough publicity that they are willing to do it again next
year.  I'd say two BIG prizes for Best of Show and People's Choice(maybe?),
something like a canister filter, or $200 ThatFishPlace gift cert.    Even
if we only give out two, high quality(=high dollar value?) prizes, I think
it will make a difference in how people look at an international showcase
and contest...

Just my opinions...

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego), California
Does the AGA actually issue membership cards?