Convincing the AGA MC that this is a "Good Thing"

Quite early on in our journey, Roger Miller made the observation that one of
the major aims of any proposal was to convince the person or persons
receiving it that it was in their best interests to accept and approve the
proposal - in other words, give the green light to this event as an official
AGA event, and to persuade them to cough up the cash necessary to make it a
reality.

It was made perfectly clear that while Karen was supportive, that support
had limits. Although she is no longer AGA Chair, she remains (I assume) a
very influential member of the MC.

The proposal format I intend to use is pretty standard and most of the
"meat" will be contained in the appendices which will be attached to it. By
"meat", I mean the distilled details of our collective discussions over the
past number of months. So far, I have eleven appendices either fully
complete or very nearly so....

#            Title
i. General Entrance Guidelines
ii. Photo Guidelines
iii. Entry Form
iv. Aquascape Information
v. Entry Fee
vi. Contest Guidelines
vii. Judging & Scoring Guidelines
viii. Awards & Prizes
ix. Promotion
x. Budget
xi. Committee Members

The work that remains on the appendcies is mainly involved with "polish" -
once I feel comfortable with them I shall post them to the web-site.

Tying these together (the "potatoes" of the proposal) shall be done in the
body of the document. That part is relatively easy and also largely done but
I would like some input on people's ideas as to how we can convince a
possibly skeptical AGA MC that this event is in the best interests of the
organization. I didn't seem to have much success with convincing Karen of
that fact over the course of our discussions.

Any thoughts?